I love puns. I really really do. I’m not very good at them myself but I think they are the fundamentals to any good comedy. Shakespeare loved puns and he had some very dirty ones up his sleeves and in his play. But here are few to make your day!
Let’s talk about rights and lefts. You’re right, so I left.
- Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
- When a clock is hungry it goes back four seconds.
- A boiled egg every morning is hard to beat.
- Two fish are in a tank. One says to the other, “Err…so how do you drive this thing?”
- I went to buy some camouflage trousers yesterday but couldn’t find any.
- I’ve been to the dentist many times so I know the drill.
- Being struck by lightning is a shocking experience!
- Without geometry, life is pointless.
- A chicken crossing the road is truly poultry in motion.
- The roundest knight at King Arthur’s table was Sir Cumference. He acquired his size from far too much pi.
- I went to a seafood disco last week….and pulled a mussel.
- She had a photographic memory but never developed it.
- Two antennas met on a roof, fell in love and got married. The ceremony wasn’t much, but the reception was brilliant!
(try reading them aloud)